08 June 2012

My first Sprint Triathlon - 2 days to go!!

With ONLY 2 days to go for my first sprint triathlon, I am quite confident that I will complete the race in a good time. I already set up some target times...I am sure that I can do better but since it's my first time, I don't want to risk suffering from another stitch during the race and having to slow down or walk!

Just yesterday I swam with a friend of mine (who is also having his first debut next Sunday) the exact same route as we shall be doing during the race. To my surprise it wasn't that different in open water. In terms of buoyancy I didn't feel any difference, the only difference in open water is that you have to perform sighting once in a while because you do not have a line at the bottom to guide you. after swimming half course, I could feel that breathing in open water is different....harder maybe....but I am determined to overcome it too!



Just after the swim comes my favorite part, biking! then straight after the bike part, running! I am sure that it will be extremely fun to do after all that hard training!

Good luck to everybody who is participating in next Sunday's sprint! Have fun! :D

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, savour the experience of your first tri, just go for it, do your best, if the time is not to your satisfaction don't let it beat you - you will get better and better and the most important thing is that you ENJOY it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will do :) Good luck to you too!

      Delete