21 May 2012

Benchmarking race - 7 days to go...

With only 7 days to go for my first race (which will only be serving me as a benchmark) I am trying to set some targets for me to be able to complete the race in a decent time. Following all the hard training I've been through these last months I know I improved a lot and will be able to finish the race. Not only, I will also try to set a good benchmark for the simple reason that I need to know my limits before the championship begins...and not test me limits during the championship.
One might think that I want to win the championship and that is not the case...I will NOT win the championship for sure...but I will race against myself and I need to know my limit so that I can overcome that limit in the races to come.

Since swimming is the least part I have practised till now, my mind is constantly wondering how should I swim 400m...I never swam 400m at one go...but I guess I will find my answer the hard way! Breathing in water is still quite a problem till now due to hay-fever causing blocked sinuses :( at the most I will try to swim a rather slow swim and then give 110% during the run! I have to make up the time I loose during the swim.

Also, with summer kicking in I can start swimming in the open sea hoping that I can cope with the pack at the championship races.

I would like to wish a good luck to all the athletes who would be participating in the Swim-Run race!

LET'S ROCK!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment