04 April 2012

More equipment (Trisuit) and my first charity race

Triathlon, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession. Triathletes compete for fastest overall course completion time, including timed "transitions" between the individual swim, bike, and run components.

When a triathlete gets out of the water he needs to change the swim suit and wear cycling shorts and shirt, and get on the bike as fast as possible. With a trisuit, there is no need to change clothes. Just get out of the water, get the bike and pedal as hard as you can!

With my first triathlon approaching within a few months, I needed to get one of these trisuits and last week I managed to get an Orca Core Trisuit.


Trisuits are made specifically for triathletes to be able to make a faster time during a Triathlon. The fabric of my Trisuit is made out of a thin material which improves blood flow throughout the body and decreases drag while in water. It also has a shemy in the groin area...thick enough to protect the delicate parts during cycling and thin enough for a triathlete to be able run without problems.

I didn't use it yet however I am really eager to use this trisuit and in fact my first race (charity race) will be held on the 27th May 2012. In the meantime, I am still training hard almost everyday to improve my skills.

At this point I wish to encourage all those people who would like to maybe start a sport to try out the Charity race that will be held on the 27th May 2012. Details below:


2 comments:

  1. Mela narak man ghax jien ukoll behsiebni nerga naghmilha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bomba! :) Kemm tamel minutes per KM int man?

      Delete