12 April 2012

Training: Running

After some months training with Fabio and training against a program set by the coach himself, I was beginning to question myself  if my running continued to improve or not. During yesterdays training session, Fabio gave us a 1 mile run for four times with 5 minutes rest in between. I managed to run at a pace of 6 minutes 55 seconds (average) per mile. I could have pushed it further however since I am having some issues with my right knee, I didn't want to push and hurt myself resulting in an injury.

In the meantime, I also noticed that my breathing improved a lot! I can now run with a faster pace without having breathing issues! I am really happy about the result and since the first race will be within 2 months I am really looking forward to be able to benchmark my fitness once again.

Hope that the knee pain I am having after a hard session will not persist. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment