21 March 2012

Hello (blogging) world!

I am one of those guys who really love sports (all kind of sports). Since when I was just a kid, I played soccer every morning with my school mates, always had an excellent performance during sports days and when I got a little older I decided to start Volleyball. One of my aims was to take part in the National Volleyball Marathon (held on a yearly basis), thus I started training hard so that I could achieve my goal.

My volleyball team was Fleur-de-lys and I used to play in the Under-19's and 2nd division. After 3 years of hard training I finally qualified to perform the Volleyball Marathon (242 hrs).

WIII!! GOAL ACHIEVED!!!

Since I managed to achieve my goal, I sat back thinking what's next. 1st division was going to be my next stepping stone. Trained everyday to try to reach my goal however (sadly enough) I was not able to continue performing me daily training due to work, and other personal issues.

Instead of quitting, I decided to decrease my training from Monday to Friday, to Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Again, I couldn't manage to stick to my plan so I decided to make 1 last step before quitting from volleyball. Started training every Monday and Wednesday but apparently 24 hrs a day aren't enough for me so I decided to quit. In all honesty, It was already making no sense in training 2 times a week with such a high goal to reach.

6 years passed by like a split second and I gained some weight (as expected). That meant only 1 thing...DIET TIME!!!

Bought a mountain bike from a local shop and started cycling every Saturday. I really loved watching the "Tour de France" and "Giro d'Italia" on TV but I never had enough money to buy a road bike. I started to lose some weight and I also managed to increase the trip distance and it really felt good. :)

SUDDENLY.....(drum roll) one of my colleagues asked if I wanted his road bike (Full Carbon with Ultegra group set) and the answer was "let me sell my mountain bike first....." after a few days I had my own road bike.

And the adventure starts here....

Since I also had Racing (could not practice it due to lack of funds and resources) and photography as a hobby I decided to go speak with someone in the Malta Triathlon Association group (on Facebook). Agreed with him that I would go and see an event and also snap some photos.

Woke up early, went to the Starting line and was (and still am) amazed by the friendly environment, the triathletes, the equipment, the friendly competition between them etc.... 

*thinking*
....I cannot afford a racing car...but I have a racing bike...bike + racing = my kind of sports...hmmm...I also like swimming and running....what do I have to lose?! Win-Win situation!
*thinking*

BULL'S EYE!! BING! BING! BING!

NEW GOAL: DO TRIATHLON NEXT YEAR!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment