30 March 2012

Running - the cherry on the cake

Running is the last discipline in the triathlon and perhaps it's one of the most demanding of all the three. After swimming and cycling you still need energy and strength to be able to run at a good pace. Personally I prefer short sprints, and because I trained volleyball (in which you were required to sprint very short distances) I was not bad at sprinting. However, if I wanted to participate in Triathlon, I needed to train my body and my legs to keep a certain pace for a much longer period of time.

If it was for me, I would have started running everyday to increase my stamina. However, Fabio requested me to train with a very slow pace because I needed to burn fat as well. Till now I managed to increase my distance from barely 5km to 10km very comfortably. Time per km has also decreased and that means that I am getting stronger.

Now, you might be asking that running is fairly simple...just one step after another and that's it. You're wrong! Running requires a technique as well that I am still trying to master till this very moment. To change from one technique (random) to the correct one is very difficult because you might have to use a different kind of muscles.



Also, there are many techniques and every technique has it's pros and cons. The problem now is to choose the most energy efficient and fastest technique there is and stick to it. Patience is required in running...especially when trying to sticking to a different technique.

My current time per km is not very good however it's improving an I am pretty sure that it will continue improving from time to time.

Will see how it goes! In the meantime, I wish a good day to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment