22 March 2012

Motivation = fuel...MY FUEL

Triathlon...Swim, Bike then RUN! Usually anybody who chooses a sport would choose one discipline and train really hard to achieve his/her goal. Therefore, you can imagine how hard it is to train three disciplines at one go and practice them one after the other without resting a single second. You have to train constantly (physically and mentally) and with a plan in mind to be able to achieve this goal.

Some people/friends already told me that I'm mad to swim, cycle and then run...but hey, that's me! Maybe I'm mad...who knows! Maybe I chose triathlon because I do not excel in one sport and so I chose three at one go...could be! I also thought that I am mad during the first few months of training...having to swim in December, January and February is no easy task to do but I did it, and I'm still here, ready to kick some ass!

Motivation is key to anything we need to do in our life and motivation for triathlon is like using Nitrous Oxide during a car race! Usually I gather my motivation from video clips like the one I am posting below:

If any athlete/triathlete is reading my blog and maybe he has questions that needs to be answered before his race, you're not alone. New questions popup into my mind everyday, you're not alone! My approach to such questions is to TRY....if I don't succeed, TRY AGAIN!

Remember: What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

For now, I am trying to make my best in learning the technique of all three disciplines...then I will concentrate on speed (the part that I like most :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment